Read only hyperlink display is not right

Forums Dynamic Forms for SharePoint Read only hyperlink display is not right

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #26410

    chgrnet
    Participant

    When I display a URL field as read only, or use the “table row” to display the URL field, I am seeing an extra “‘>” show on the form. This is making the link incorrect. If there is no link, I see the “‘>”, if there is a link in the field, it displays it incorrectly.

    I don’t want to upload a screen shot from my work computer to avoid any security risks, but if you need to see something, I could take a picture and email it to you.

  • #26412

    Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

    Which version of DFFS are you running? I think I might have fixed something related to Hyperlink fields some time ago, but cannot find it in the change log…

    I tested both using readonly from a rule and by inserting a table row with {fieldName} and it works as expected – see attachments.

    Alexander

    • #26416

      chgrnet
      Participant

      My apologies for not being clear on the versions, I should have put this post in the vLooup forum.

      Latest version of DFFS. It seems the issue comes up when I use version 2.2.133 of SPJS-vLookup_frontend.js; 2.2.127 of this file works as expected.

      I am using the “add new item” feature in vLookup that allows me to open a new form in a separate list and put values in the new form from the initiating form.

      The link and description values being passed from/to a URL field type are coming into the new form in this format:

      <a href="URL">URL</a>

      In the previous version it only added the URL to both fields. Should I be formatting the data in a different way?

      • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  chgrnet.
      • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  chgrnet.
  • #26422

    Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

    Ah sorry, I didn’t understand that is was vLookup. I’ll get this fixed and release a new version tomorrow.

    Alexander

    • #26437

      chgrnet
      Participant

      I just tried out your latest version. The links are correct, but I’m seeing other text columns (not URL) bring data back like this: name, name

  • #26439

    Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

    Sorry, I must have messed it up while I fixed the other issue – I’ll fix it an post a new version within a few hours.

    Alexander

  • #26450

    Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

    I have update the package – please download again and replace the SPJS-vLookup_frontend.js file as described here: https://spjsblog.com/2019/07/31/error-in-spjs-vlookup-frontend-js-in-july-31-2019-version-fixed/

    Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.