Problems with Chrome and Edge

Forums Classic DFFS Problems with Chrome and Edge

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Phil Grant
      Participant

HI,
      I posted about problems viewing forms quite some time ago in Chrome (and now Edge), the form times out before it displays the form with the error “this took forever”
      I have now found what maybe the cause and would like some guidance to understand the issue.
      I have attached a screen grab of the Issue in the Dev console (F12)

Thanks

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not familiar with commons.js referred to in the screenshot – if this is a third party script you are loading in your form you must try to remove it first to ensure it is the source of the error. If it is (and you need it) you must try to debug it to find out what is causing the error.

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

I’ll have a dig around because I have no idea what commons.js is !

Phil Grant
      Participant

Ah! OK, I think I’ve got one step closer to the issue, apparently commons.js is used by an extension that my company have implemented called “walk me” this cannot be disabled and I’ve no idea what it’s for so I will contact our IT dept.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, but if you are only having this problem in some of your forms it might not be this script that is the cause of the problem.

Which version of DFFS are you running in this form?

Alexander

Kristina Amador
      Participant

Curious if you ever found a final solution for this? My issue is persisting.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not sure how Phil fixed it, but if you are using the DFFS installer / loader version 1 you most likely have better results if you change to use version 2.

See instructions in the installation manual: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-installation-manual/#InstallDFFS

When you change the DFFS installer to v2 you must uninstall and reinstall DFFS in the form you have trouble with.

PS: You don’t need to back up the config when changing the installer because it is stored in a separate list and is not related to the installer.

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.