Problem with Geocharts – is Geocoding broken?

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint Problem with Geocharts – is Geocoding broken?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Spin35
      Participant

I’ve discovered that the Geocharts that had been working early in 2018 are no longer working. I don’t get any errors, its just that the markers do not appear at all on the map. I still get the item count and the colour gradient bar.

I wonder if it has something to do with the pricing policy on Geocoding that Google have put in place since 16 July 2018.
      I’m not sure that this is the problem, but I’m seeing the same problem on both SP2010 and SP2013 systems and I don’t believe there have been any other changes that would have caused this.
      If this is the case, is there a work-around for us to use the Geochart?

Attachments:
      Spin35
      Participant

As a follow-up, I’ve changed the chart to use Lats and Longs instead of Geocoding the cities in question and it now puts markers in the right places. The only problem now is that I can’t show the Count at a location as I can’t mix Count with Number. Is there some way I can have Number – Merge Duplicates?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Have you tried signing up for a Maps API key and adding it like described here?

I’m not sure what you mean in your last question – can you add an image of the chart and the config so I can try setting up a similar test?

Alexander

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.