Print image in a tab

Forums General discussion Print image in a tab

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

MYH
    Participant

Hi Alexander, when I print a tab where it contains an image inside a multi-line field the image is not printed any idea how to solve this issue?

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Are you using Insert > From Computer and adding the image to Site Assets?

I’m working on an updated version of the print current tab code – can you try adding this snippet to your Custom JS and see if it makes any difference?

Alexander

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Alexander Bautz. Reason: Added missing link to code snippet

MYH
    Participant

i tried both options to insert picture from SharePoint/Computer and still is not working.
    which snippet should i add to my custom js, you didn’t send it.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Sorry, I forgot the link – I have updated the post and added it.

Alexander

MYH
    Participant

it didn’t work on explorer and chrome — error: spjs_path is undefined.
    DFFS version: 4.4.3.58 — 4.46 —- 1.328

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

OK, the variable spjs_path is from the DFFS_loader.html – have you installed DFFS with the “local installer” or in another way?

If you didn’t use the local installer you can add a variable to the custom js like this:

var spjs_path = "/PathToTheSiteWhereSPJSisLocated/SPJS/DFFS/";

Change PathToTheSiteWhereSPJSisLocated to the actual path to your site.

Alexander

MYH
    Participant

it worked but i lost part of my configuration print header and footer.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

I’m glad it worked – the snippet I linked to was “work in progress” – try this one as it includes the custom header and footer:

spjs.dffs.printCurrentTab = function () {
        if (spjs.dffs.data.selectedTab === "") {
            return;
        }
        jQuery("body").append("<iframe id='dffs_print_form'></iframe>");
        var iframe = jQuery('#dffs_print_form'), path, b = [];
        // Add default SP style sheet
        if (_spPageContextInfo.webUIVersion >= 15) {
            path = _spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl + "/_layouts/15/" + _spPageContextInfo.currentLanguage + "/styles/themable/";
            b.push("<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='" + path + "corev" + _spPageContextInfo.webUIVersion + ".css' />");
        } else {
            path = _spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl + "/_layouts/" + _spPageContextInfo.currentLanguage + "/styles/";
            b.push("<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='" + path + "corev4.css' />");
        }
        // Add default DFFS style sheet
        b.push("<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='" + spjs_path + "css/dffs_frontend.css' />");
        // Add DFFS Custom CSS
        b.push("<style type='text/css'>" + unescape(spjs.dffs.data.dffsDataObj.customCSS) + "</style>");
        // Load files included above Custom CSS
        jQuery.each(spjs.dffs.data.requireCSSArr, function (i, cssfile) {
            b.push("<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='" + cssfile + "' />");
        });
        // vLookup CSS
        b.push("<style type='text/css'>" + unescape(spjs.vLookup.data.css) + "</style>");
        // The below line will try to force Chrome so include backgrounds and colors to you don't have to turn it on in the print dialog
        b.push("<style type='text/css'>body{-webkit-print-color-adjust:exact!important;color-adjust:exact!important;}</style>");
        // Header
        if (spjs.dffs.data.dffsDataObj.tabs.printHeader !== "") {
            pHead = spjs.dffs.buildValStr(unescape(spjs.dffs.data.dffsDataObj.tabs.printHeader));
            pHead = spjs.dffs.translateStringWithJSON(pHead);
            b.push(pHead);
        }
        // Add formtable HTML
        b.push("<table class='ms-formtable dffs-print'>" + jQuery(".ms-formtable").html() + "</table>");
        // Footer
        if (spjs.dffs.data.dffsDataObj.tabs.printFooter !== "") {
            pFoot = spjs.dffs.buildValStr(unescape(spjs.dffs.data.dffsDataObj.tabs.printFooter));
            pFoot = spjs.dffs.translateStringWithJSON(pFoot);
            b.push(pFoot);
        }
        iframe.ready(function () {
            var contentWindow = document.getElementById("dffs_print_form").contentWindow;
            contentWindow.document.write(b.join(""));
            contentWindow.document.close();
            setTimeout(function () {
                var printOK = contentWindow.document.execCommand('print', false, null);
                if (!printOK) {
                    contentWindow.focus();
                    contentWindow.print();
                }
                setTimeout(function () {
                    jQuery("#dffs_print_form").remove();
                }, 500);
            }, 1000);
        });
    };

Alexander

MYH
    Participant

okay great everything is working fine now i copied also the spjs_path and i will update my print function in DFFS_fronted_min.js file now.

thank you.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback. I will be replacing the current function with this in the next release of DFFS – hopefully during next weekend.

Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.