Prefill Values in Child in Multiple Values Lookup Column

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Prefill Values in Child in Multiple Values Lookup Column

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      DCH
      Participant

Alexander,

I’d like to use the “Prefill Values in Child” option when the child is a Lookup column that allows multiple values. Is that possible? I’ve tried several configurations but none have worked.

And, if it can work, would it be possible to automatically push the values over to the right side box?

Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This should be fixed in the latest versions of spjs-utility: https://files.spjsworks.com/?dir=files%2Fspjs-utility%2Fv1.256%2F

This is the changes

spjs-utilty.js v1.256:
      When using vLookup to create a child list item from DispForm of the parent, it was not possilble to bring the value from a multichoice lookup column over to the child list item.

Can you test to see if this helps?

Alexander

DCH
      Participant

I did not have that version of spjs-utility but do now. It doesn’t appear to be working but I’m going to play with the setup a little more. Here is what I have currently:

Parent List
      spjs-utility v1.256
      DFFS Backend v4.262
      DFFS Frontend v4.274
      vLookup Backend v2.203
      vLookup Frontend v2.209

Child List
      spjs-utility v1.256
      DFFS Backend v4.262
      DFFS Frontend v4.274
      vLookup Backend v2.203
      vLookup Receiver

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Are you trying to add this from NewForm, DispForm or EditForm? – the method used to set it is different for each form.

Also, are you opening the child item in a dialog or in the same “window” as the parent?

Alexander

DCH
      Participant

I am opening the child item NewForm from a parent item EditForm, so the value is already present in the parent item title column.

I tried both ways, opening in a dialog and in the same window. It didn’t work for either method.

I did notice that the focus is not on the first value in the child NewForm lookup column like it is on similar columns where I don’t pass a value, so something is happening.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If the lookup in the child is supposed to point back to the parent, you should use the ID to fill the lookup. Add “ID” in the “From” field, and the lookup column fieldinternalname in the “To” field in the add child settings in vLookup.

Alexander

DCH
      Participant

Genius! Thank you.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.