Possible bug with group membership rule

Forums Classic DFFS Possible bug with group membership rule

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrew Neill
      Participant

Hey Alexander,

It’s my first time posting, but I’ve been using DFFS for a while. Thank you for all your work on this great tool.

I think I may have found a bug related to rules. I’m using the trigger “SharePoint group membership: Logged in user is member of group”, which validates on “Form load and field change”. The rule is supposed to make certain fields visible to members of a group. I’ve tested the rule by adding and removing myself from the group entered under “This value”; however, the fields associated with the rule remain visible whether or not I’m in the group.

When I tried adjusting the rule to make the target fields hidden rather than visible, the rule worked. When I added myself to the group, the fields became hidden; when I removed myself, the fields became visible.

I believe there’s an error when using the trigger I noted and the “Visible fields” result. I’ve attached a screenshot of my rule configuration. Would you please look into this?

Here’s my DFFS version info:
      v4.4.5.45 – July 18, 2022|CSS version: 4.51 / 4.51 |spjs-utility version: 1.356|Loader version: v1

Thank you!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Welcome to the forum!

I’ll try to recreate this issue, but I’m wondering if you might have other rules that addresses the same fields? – there could be some interfering if you have multiple rules targeting the same fields.

Alexander

SteveE
      Participant

I think I’ve kind of seen this before and solved it by doing the inverse “if NOT in this group” and then hiding the fields. Not sure why it happens like that but it was easier to just invert my thought process and rule.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, thanks for the clarification – I’ll look into in in the next version.

Alexander

Andrew Neill
      Participant

Steve – Thank you for this suggestion. I tried inverting the rule, and it worked!
      – Trigger: SharePoint group membership: Logged in user is NOT member of group
      – Hidden fields

Alexander – When I tested the original rule configuration (user IS member of group / visible fields), I tried disabling my other rules that address the same fields, and it had no effect. The target fields remained visible whether or not I was in the group. Also, the other rules don’t affect the visibility of the target fields.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for looking into this in future versions.

E J
      Participant

Thanks for bringing this up!

Between v4.4.3.15 and v4.4.5.45, it looks like the trigger was changed from:

(v4.4.3.15 | CSS version: 4.37 |spjs-utility version: 1.312)
      “If logged in user is in group with ID or name”

to

(v4.4.5.45 | CSS version: 4.51 |spjs-utility version: 1.356)
      “SharePoint group membership: Logged in user is member of group”

On Modern SP Online (w/scripting) and Classic DFFS, the latter trigger fires but doesn’t seem to hide and then show the listed fields. “display: none;” never gets added to their css style.

Flipping it around to HIDE the fields if NOT IN the SP group worked for us. It was great to see this post and know we weren’t alone.

v4.4.3.15|CSS version: 4.37 / |spjs-utility version: 1.312

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by E J. Reason: added version info
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.