Possible bug with dynamic forms v4.4.4.15 and multiple lines of text field

Forums Classic DFFS Possible bug with dynamic forms v4.4.4.15 and multiple lines of text field

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrew Beno
      Participant

I believe I found a bug with DFFS which I’ll try and detail below. I’ve been using a trial version without issue up until I created a new “Multiple lines of text” field configured as “Enhanced rich text”. After this was created, I could not create or edit any item in the list (but could get to DFFS setup if I knew the link) as the DFFS spinner just kept spinning until it eventually timed out. If I change the multiple lines of text field to “Rich text” or “Plain text”, it works just fine.

I’m using the following version:
      Dynamic Forms for SharePoint v4.4.4.15 – November 03, 2019|CSS version: 4.47 / |spjs-utility version: 1.339

Thanks,

Andy

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

That sounds strange – it is supposed to work well with Enhanced rich text, but not the old style (SP 2007 and 2010) Rich text.

Can you bring up the developer tools by hitting F12 > Console and look for errors there when you try loading the form?

Alexander

Andrew Beno
      Participant

Sorry I should’ve tested this on my own a bit further before posting! Today I created a simple test list, enabled DFFS, added a multiline field as enhanced rich text and it seemed to work just fine.

Looking at Chrome dev tools on my other list, when the field is set to enhanced richt text and I create a new item, I see the following (which goes away when I change it to plain text or rich text):
      Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘siteServerRelativeUrl’ of undefined
      at t (cascaded-client.js?ctag=0$$16.0.19513.12023:1)
      at NotifyEventAndExecuteWaitingJobs (init.js:1)
      at NotifyScriptLoadedAndExecuteWaitingJobs (init.js:1)
      at sp.js:2

I’m using another 3rd party tool for cascaded lookups (ArtfulBits Cascaded Lookup Online), so I’ll see if SPJS-Lookup/Cascading Dropdown might be sufficient for me.

Thanks,
      Andy

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, I’m not familiar with ArtfulBits Cascaded Lookup Online, but there might be a compatibility issue there. It might be related to multiple instances of jQuery being loaded, but I’m not able to test this because I don’t have this third party solution available.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.