Possible bug double-ups in dropdown

Forums Cascading dropdowns Possible bug double-ups in dropdown

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Brett
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

Using SP2010 and Cascading dropdowns v3.7.34 I seem to be getting duplicated values.
      Image attached.
      Its not a typo, when filtering in the list, it only displays the single value for each option.

Thanks,
      Brett.

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This was strange. Can you show me some more information about your setup and maybe a screenshot of the cascading dropdown configuration.

Alexander

Brett
      Participant

Ah figured it out Alexander, it was the brackets in the column.
      Removed Brackets and duplicates removed.
      Image attached.
      Brett

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you found a workaround. I’ll look into this issue and try to fix it in the next release.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I tried to recreate this, but were not able to get duplicates. Did you use a list with different field for “Level1”, “Level2” etc, or did you use a pipe-delimited list of values?

You didn’t see a red exclamation mark after the dropdown when you had duplicates? – that would indicate multiple whitespace characters in the string.

Alexander

Brett
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

It was a list I used with single line columns.
      The first drop down is a single line text and the second dropdown was using the default Title column in the list.
      I didn’t see a red exclamation mark ❗️

Interestingly, each duplicate had different values in the 2nd cascade field.
      Please don’t waste too much time on this, as its SP2010 and is working ok now.

Thanks,
      Brett

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the details, I can still not recreated it – and because you found a workaround I’ll not investigate it further.

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.