People picker rules

Forums General discussion People picker rules

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      First Eagle
      Participant

Hello Alexander,

Hope this message find you healthy;
      i’m facing an issue with people picker field in rules, it’s working for some field but not working for other ones. while i’ve set the defer loading to 1700 ms.

Can you assist ?

Best regards

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can you give me some more details about what is not working? – have you used the debug-functionality to look at the output from your rules? (click the debug this rule checkbox in the top right corner of the rule).

Alexander

First Eagle
      Participant

Hello Alexander,

yes i’ve use the debug, and i can see that the rule is trigger false while the people in the field is the logged in user. can not undrstand what is happening ?

is this details enough ?

Please help.

Regards

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Please post some screenshots of the rule so I can see that it is configured correctly. Also ensure you don’t have duplicated users so the person selected in the people picker is actually another user account with the same display name.

Alexander

First Eagle
      Participant

Hello Alexander,

i’ve attach here tree screeshots, one showing one of configures rules and other one showing the debug result, the last one is showing the rule working properly.

there is no duplicated users because i’m using my own user and it working for other rules in other people fields. i don’t the difference with the rules which are not working.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks, I’ll have to look into this over the weekend. I think it might be a problem related to using multiple rules with the same type of trigger, but I’ll have to test it and see if I can replicate the problem.

Which version of DFFS are you running in this form?

Alexander

First Eagle
      Participant

Thanks Alexander,

i’m Running version “DFFS Installer v1.1.0.6 – August 02, 2018”

Best regards

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Ah, then it is most likely already fixed in a later version. Your installer version was part of the DFFS v4.4.3.52 package released on September 24, 2018. There have been a lot of updates since – and the current version is v4.4.5.13 released on November 25, 2020.

You find the complete change log here.

Please update and see if it fixes the issue.

Alexander

First Eagle
      Participant

Hello Alexander,

i’ve already other forms configured with the same version of DFFS and running properly,
      can you confirm that the upgrade won’t affect other forms ?

Best regards

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You are 2 years behind in updates so there might be some bugfixes / changes that affect complex configurations. I suggest you install the new DFFS version side-by-side with the one you have and install it in one form at the time so you have better control and can test it properly. Alternatively you should test it in a copy of your site / list.

When I look at your screenshots you have checked the “Stop if this rule = true” checbox – please note that this will prevent the processing of ALL rules below this one if it is evaluated to true.

Alexander

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.