People Picker not editable in Chrome

Forums General discussion People Picker not editable in Chrome

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Rick Cedergren
      Participant

Using SP2016 on-prem and DFFS version 4.4.3.47

My People Picker fields are not editable in Chrome when using DFFS. I’m unable to click in the field at all. I can tab into the field and type, but the auto-suggest does not recognize anything and the helper text never goes away. When I check the developer tools and compare against a non-DFFS form, the code is stripped of 2 attributes: spclientpeoplepicker=”true” and data-sp-peoplepickereditor=”true”.

Any Ideas? TIA

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I haven’t had this reported before – can you add some screenshots so I can look at it?

Are you using some custom js / autocomplete on the pp?

Alexander

Rick Cedergren
      Participant

Nope, nothing custom on the field, just an OOTB people picker field. This is an issue in all my forms using this filed type, but only when using Chrome. We are in a recently migrated environment, and I am doing a lot of rebuilding of old InfoPath forms. I’ve just been pointing people to IE until I had some time to deal with it.

Thanks

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Strange, I’m not doing anything with the people picker in DFFS. Are you able to create a new custom list (not a migrated list) and see if the people pickers work there when you install DFFS?

Alexander

Rick Cedergren
      Participant

Looks like the problem is bigger than I had thought…even people pickers in new custom lists without DFFS only function as expected about 10% of the time. It’s clearly not DFFS, but Chrome that is causing my problems.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m kind of happy it was not DFFS, but sorry you have problems. Do you have an updated version of Chrome, or an older one?

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.