Passing a date field in vlookup

Forums Classic DFFS Passing a date field in vlookup

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keith Hudson
      Participant

Alex, I’m trying to pass a DateTime field (date PLUS time) using vLookup. The date is passing just fine, but the time is not. Here are the details:

1. I’m using vlookup on a custom list form to upload documents to a document library, so the dialog form that is opening is the edit form on the document library, since doc libraries do not have a new form.
      2. I have a Start Date field on my SharePoint list where the action is initiated. It contains date and time. I have added a similar Start Date field to the document library and made sure to set it to accept date AND time.
      3. In the vlookup settings, I am passing the value of Start Date field from the custom list to the Start Date field on the child document library.

I have tried this using v 4.4.4.23 and v 4.4.5.27 of DFFS and it is not passing the time element of the Date Time field using either version of DFFS.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      If I remember correctly vLookup only passes the date and not the time so you must use some custom js. Try adding this to your document library EditForm Custom JS:

var vLookupParentList = GetUrlKeyValue("parentListGuid");
      if(vLookupParentList !== ""){
          var item = spjs.utility.getItemByID({
              "listName": vLookupParentList,
              "id": GetUrlKeyValue("parentItemId"),
              "viewFields":["DateColumn_in_parent"]
          });
          if(item !== null && item.DateColumn_in_parent!== null){
              spjs.utility.setDateFieldFromDateObject("DateColumn_in_child", new Date(item.DateColumn_in_parent.split("T").join(" ")));
          }
      }

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.