Overlay

Forums Requests Overlay

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tricia S.
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

Is there a way for me to load the overlay over the form?
      I have a second Edit form that I want to to use the rules to set fields and then save.
      I’m then using the Sp list formatting/gallery view to create checkbox that is a hyperlink. This works a lot better than an approve button/using a flow.
      The only issue I’m having is that it is a little awkward with the overlay/form load.

This is what currently happens:
      1. User Click on the hyperlink to the 2nd edit form.
      2. User sees overlay.
      3. The form flashes for a second.
      4. The form closes and saves.

This is what I would like to happen:
      1. User Click on the hyper link to the 2nd edit form.
      2. User sees overlay.
      2A. The form/rules run in the back without showing anything to the user.
      3. Overlay closes user is returns to list view.

Lastly I will note that “Defer loading of DFFS” is set to 500ms. Without it the form will overwrite Peoplepickers as blanks. This is just for your informational awareness, no issues there, but unsure if it will affect as possible solution.

Any help to smooth this out would be much appreciated!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You can create a custom overlay by adding this to your custom js:

jQuery("body").append("<div style='z-index:100;position:fixed;top:0px;left:0px;height:100%;width:100%;text-align:center;padding-top:150px;background-color:white;'>Doing something, please wait...</div>");

I’m aware of the PeoplePicker issue if you trigger code directly on load. The people picker is validated asynchronously by the built in SP code so I cannot reliably detect when it is ready so it is basically the reason for adding the ability to defer the loading of DFFS in the Misc tab.

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.