Non-Existing List Item Notification

Forums Classic DFFS Non-Existing List Item Notification

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jonathan Stamper
      Participant

When I save and exit from DFFS, I keep getting this error that says, “You are attempting to load a non-existing list item,” the form is reverted back to OOTB. There are no impacts to forms if I cancel and go back in. It only happens when I save and exit in DFFS.

I still have the issue where the “&” in the site name isn’t encoded correctly. Could that be it?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

When you enter the DFFS configuration either from the DFFS Installer “Direct to backend” or by clicking the “Enhanced with DFFS” from NewForm you don’t have an ID to a list item in the URL. If you then switch to edit the configuration on DispForm or EditForm and then save and exit, you are returned to the list and the form you are currently editing. If this is DispForm or EditForm you will see this message because the form expects the ID attribute to be in the URL to load the item with that ID.

Just click cancel to get back to the list and click an item to view or edit and all should be OK.

Alexander

Jonathan Stamper
      Participant

Got it! Thank you for the information!

I have one more question, and happy to add in the vlookup forum instead. I mentioned this to you before regarding the three lists and I was curious if vLookup would be a good approach.

List C is the main intake list with a dropdown that has selections A and B. If they select A then the new item is added to list A. If B is selected then the new item is added to list B.
      It would be an automatic add after saving with checks to prevent duplication. Is this doable or difficult in a vLookup?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Not sure if vLookup would be the correct approach here if you want to auto-add the item on save as vLookups are designed for manual additions.

You could of course add the items in code before saving the items and then use vLookup to show the items (without showing the add-new-button) to avoid having to write the “show items code”, but do the addition in code in custom js.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.