June 22, 2017 at 10:23 #16923
I get the following error message “No visible tabs were found. Please contact an administrator.”
I did a testmigration from sp2010 to sp2016, i’ve other dffs-forms which work perfect. Also the EditFrm on this list works, just the dispform get this error.
Under which circumstances can this error happen? The Tabs arn’t hidden. Just two rules i’ve disabled or set on debug but no changes.
June 22, 2017 at 14:59 #16925
I assume your situation is that you migrated a list that uses DFFS from SP10 to SP16, and the display form is generating the error you mention in your post.
I can’t guess at why that is happening, since I have no experience with SP16, but if it were me, since the edit form IS working, I would try deleting the display form configuration and recreating it by cloning the edit form.
If you don’t know how to do that, post back and I’ll give specific steps. If the display form is drastically different from the edit form and would be REALLY hard to rebuild from a clone of the edit form, post back and I can give you a couple of ways of backing up your current display form config so you can restore it if you find the root cause of the error message and don’t need to use my workaround.
June 22, 2017 at 16:06 #16928
Could it be that you have restricted the tabs to show only for specific user groups? (in the tab config) – when migrating your user groups will get new ID’s.
If this isn’t the issue, bring up the dev console by hitting F12 and look at the “Console” for errors when you load the page.
June 23, 2017 at 09:42 #16936
Hi Alexander and Keith
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, I’m not one step further.
This list seems to be very strange. I created a new DispForm and added dffs, but i did not get the Setup link, so i entered the backend manually and just created a all Fields tab and no other Settings. but i get the same error as in my first post.
Next i copyed the whole list and deleted all fields except the title field. But also get the same error. the console did not show somethig special i think.
June 23, 2017 at 13:47 #16943
In your shoes, my next move would be to create a brand new custom list with no extra columns and install DFFS to test that there is not something in SP2016 that is breaking DFFS. If that is successful, I would then rebuild the list from scratch, then migrate the data to it.
I have seen several situations in which a list migrated from one version of SharePoint to another behaves in weird ways.
June 23, 2017 at 14:02 #16945
Yes i tried this “create a brand new custom list with no extra columns and install DFFS to test that there is not something in SP2016 that is breaking DFFS” and it works.
Ok, the problem is that is’nt easy to recreate the list and all it’s items etc…
i’ll have to look into the sp13 we need for the migration to see if it is already broken on sp13.
June 23, 2017 at 14:12 #16947
If you have the Sharegate migration tool, you might try migrating the list directly from SP10 to SP16. (If you don’t have it, you can download a 14 day trial from sharegate.com. Note: Some organizations will not let you download and install Sharegate.)
If you do try this, and it does not succeed the first time you try it, try turning off DFFS on the SP10 list then migrating again. You can then turn on DFFS in SP16, and copy the configs from SP10 manually.
Just another possible thing to try so you don’t have to rebuild your list from scratch.
June 23, 2017 at 14:44 #16949
Could you email me or attach the “blob” exported form the Misc tab in DispForm so I can have a look at it?
You mentioned that you created a new DispForm – please note that DFFS only works with the out-of-the-box SharePoint form and not with SharePoint designer created forms.
June 23, 2017 at 14:50 #16952
Yes i know that, i created a Standard dispForm not a xslt-form from SharePoint designer.
I get a look into the Migration Farm (SP2013) on this farm the dffs works on the dispForm.
My next try is to Export the dispform and Reimport on the sp2016 farm.
Attached the blob Export
I wish you a nice weekend and thank you for the help
June 23, 2017 at 14:58 #16955
That worked, the manual copy of the dispForm from the sp2013 farm works.
Many thanks for your help, I wish you again a nice Weekend!
June 23, 2017 at 16:40 #16957
I’m glad you got it sorted.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.