No DFFS button is visible in the banner of libraries

Forums Modern DFFS No DFFS button is visible in the banner of libraries

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Aglika Tilev
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

we have updated the .sppkg to the latest version, but we can see the DFFS button only in the banner of lists, but not in libraries.
      Can you advise how we can enable the forms for doc-libs as well?
      Thank you.
      Aglika

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      When viewing a list view of the document library – can you hit F12 to bring up the developer tools, select Console and type in this to see what the base template id is?

_spPageContextInfo.listBaseTemplate

See attachment for an example.

Alexander

Aglika Tilev
      Participant

Hi,

the base template ID is 101 – screenshot attached.
      Regards
      Aglika

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Are you sure you have installed it in this site? – if so, ensure the DFFS icon isn’t just hidden behind the ellipsis (…) to the right of the other icons.

If it is not, ensure you “manage lists” rights on this specific document library (that you can enter list settings).

Alexander

Aglika Tilev
      Participant

Hi,
      We have installed modern DFFS in this site, and the button is not hidden behind the ellipsis.
      I have full access and am a site owner and admin, the permissins are inherited for the particular lib, no unique permissions.

Regards
      Aglika

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Strange. I’m not sure why it does not show. Can you try clearing all browser cache to purge old versions of scripts from the browser?

Alexander

Aglika Tilev
      Participant

We are step ahead – I copy & pasted the DFFS-item with the templateID 100 in ~appcatalog/Lists/TenantWideExtensions and changed the templateID to 101, so the button is visible in *some* libraries now and I can enter the configuration. BUT no changes take effect thoght new items have been added to the configuration list.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The modern DFFS is designed to work for the following listBaseTemplate id’s:
      100, 101, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 150, 170, 171 and 1100.

The very first versions (before 1.0.3.0) only worked for listBaseTemplateId 100 (custom list). I’m wondering if you should completely uninstall and reinstall it to see if it may register correctly.

Configurations for your forms will not be affected by uninstalling and reinstalling as they are stored in a custom list in the site.

Alexander

Aglika Tilev
      Participant

Hi,
      deleting the .sppkg permanentlly and deploying the newest version forced the entries in the TenantWideExtensions for all supported TemplateIDs, so we have now the DFFS button and can enter the configuration as designed in each list template.
      Thank you.

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Thanks for the update – I’m glad you figured it out.

Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.