NewForm doesn't redirect after Save

Forums Classic DFFS NewForm doesn't redirect after Save

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Therman
      Participant

Up until yesterday, my NewForm was submitting with no problem. This morning, the only change I can remember making was to the code in my CustomJS for Autocomplete. I changed isLookupInSelf from false to true and changed listGUID from an actual GUID to a list name.

Now, whenever I complete a NewForm and click Save, it just sits there. However, when I look at the list in another tab, the item has saved.
      Eventually, this error shows on the newform: “The server was unable to save the form at this time. Please try again”. (which is clearly untrue). Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I haven’t seen this error myself – do you see any errors in the console, or red lines in the network tab in the developer console when trying to save? (hit F12 to bring up the dev console).

Maybe you can get some clues from this thread (or by Googling the error message): https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/918f5767-7a81-4425-9db5-5c2cb0b1453f/the-server-was-unable-to-save-the-form-at-this-time-please-try-again?forum=sharepointgeneral

Alexander

Therman
      Participant

Hey Alex, thanks for the response. I did some digging and still wasn’t able to find anything. My colleague that manages the server said the following to me:

“I get a Pending on the post to processquery from that form.

What are you doing on the form post action? Doing something sync or anything? It seems like it’s waiting for something to return in Javascript that would normally then take you back to the list or whatever”.

Do you know what this means or what could be happening here?

Therman
      Participant

Forgot to note that I’ve taken the Autocomplete off the form (for now). The Custom JS field is currently empty.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Try uninstalling DFFS from your NewForm and see if it helps. Your DFFS config will not be lost – it will pop back when you reinstall DFFS.

Alexander

Therman
      Participant

Wow…I have NO idea what I did here to mess this form up. I uninstalled DFFS and it still wasn’t working. I reinstalled and still wasn’t working.

I don’t know what to do. I’d hate to have to recreate the entire list, but that might be what I’ll need to do tonight.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not sure what it could be so I’m afraid I cannot really help you, but it might be an issue with for example a lookup column or another complex field type like a taxonomy field. Have you changed the permissions on the list or the site?

Alexander

Therman
      Participant

I never figured out what it was, but I made a template of the list and installed DFFS on it and it worked. I’m back in business!

I do appreciate you responding. thx

Andra Mitchell
      Participant

I’ve encountered something similar. My form saves however when trying to edit some of the forms, we occasionally receive that message. I’ve attached the error message from the developer tab.
      Thanks

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

The Uncaught typeError: jQuery is not a function is most likely related to another third party solution loading jQuery after DFFS has loaded.

To fix it you should update your DFFS installer / loader from v1 to v2. Follow the instructions in the user manual to change it.

See instructions in the installation manual: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-installation-manual/#InstallDFFS

When you change the DFFS installer to v2 you must uninstall and reinstall DFFS in the form you have trouble with.

PS: You don’t need to back up the config when changing the installer because it is stored in a separate list and is not related to the installer.

Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.