My congratulations on the new version!
      Glad to start testing.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks!

Alexander

Kasey
      Participant

Loving DFFS v4! Question..Is it possilbe to get and present the ID to the end user during/after save of the newform.aspx?

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Hi,
        I’m afraid this is a bit tricky as the ID is not assigned until the item is “completely” saved. This means that the user is redirected back to the default redirect destination – most likely the default view of the list.

One option is to add a script here to query for the latest addition to the list created by the current user. The problem is that you are not 100% sure where the user is redirected as he/she could have a “Source” attribute in the URL.

Look at this comment for a possible method to specify the redirect location.

When you know where the user “lands” you can add a script here to find the ID and present it to the user.

Alexander

Sergio Giusti
      Participant

Hi ALexander

Im trying to get the vLookup solution working with the new DFFS v4.0 however all I get is a message telling me:

The vLookup plugin is not active in NewForm.

How do I activate the plugin, the installation guide doesn’t mention the plugins and the config doesn’t seem to have anything in it except putting in the path to the right file which ive done.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The vLookup plugin cannot be used in NewForm. If you are editing DispForm or EditForm please let me have some more details regarding plugin version and any other relevant information.

Alexander

Kasey
      Participant

When using custom js to set a fields value if I have a rule on change for that field the rule doesn’t execute. I understand why but am wondering if there is some js I can use to trigger the rule after I update the field using setFieldValue? Basically, can I trigger a rule or all of the rules in custom JS?

Kasey
      Participant

Hello, Alexander

I am wondering if getFieldValue should work on my dispForm? I am using v4 and I can use getFieldValue on my newForm but the exact same custom js on dispForm returns undefined. Thank you.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.