New Item not working on Sharepoint New Experience

Forums Classic DFFS New Item not working on Sharepoint New Experience

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Lara Salvador
      Participant

Hi, Today I started with in issue in all my DFFS applications under the same site.
      When I try to create a new item using the New button, I’m sending to the normal new item sharepoint page, not the one from DFFS,but If I change the view by using the Return Classic Sharepoint Experience it works normally and it opens the DFFS page.
      Have any of you my friends,had this issue?
      I tested this on Chrome and IE and in both cases I had the same issue.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Which version of SharePoint are you running? – on-prem or Office 365? – I’m not able to recreate this in my SharePoint online site.

What kind of site is this? – anything special?

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Another question – how are you installing / loading DFFS in the forms in this site? – using the new v2 installer / loader or another older version?

Alexander

Paul Lynch
      Participant

Hi Alexander, actually was wondering today whether the DFFS solution could work with the modern experience in SharePoint. As I can make a modern experience site, and modern list run in “classic mode”

The main issue is the modern platform does not allow CEWP or SCRIPT web parts out the box. So cannot add a CEWP to run the DFFS installer.

Been considering using PnP/Powershell to try to add a CEWP to the site to get the installer going.

Just wonder if you think this is worth a try or is this ultimately always going fail or not run properly at some point on modern for other technical reasons?

Paul Lynch
      Participant

Also just to the original posters comment, one client runs O365 SharePoint Online and recently defaulted all SP lists on classic and modern sites to the modern lists.

This does not let DFFS work until I switch the lists from modern or default to “Classic mode” in the List Settings – Advanced Settings.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If you create a modern team site connected to an office 365 group it does not allow scripts and therefore not DFFS. Look here for a solution to creating a modern site with support for scripts and auto-fallback to classic for the forms: https://spjsblog.com/2019/09/20/how-to-create-a-modern-site-with-support-for-dffs-in-spo/

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.