Multiple Rules / Subsequent Rules

Forums General discussion Multiple Rules / Subsequent Rules

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Maciek Grischke
      Participant

Hi guys

I have built a really big form with a lot of rules.

For example, there are 50 fields.

First field/rule shows fields 3-25 or 3-30.
      Second field shows of hides field 35.
      Field 31 shows fields 32-50

The issue I have is that even if the second field/rule hides field 35 at the beginning, field 31 will unhide it.

How can I keep the field 35 hidden even if I unhide fields 32-50 in field/rule 31? I tried to visualise my question 😛

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not sure I understand exactly how you have set it up, but if you use the Linked rules and functions you can trigger a rule only if another rule is true (or false). Look at the help icon and let me know if you are able to figure it out.

Alexander

Maciek Grischke
      Participant

I think what I want can’t be achieved simply, but I found another way by adding an additional column.

I do have another issue. I copied the config from NewForm to EditForm, and a few first fields don’t show up until I trigger the first “choice” option:

Field 1 (Rule 1)
      Option 1 or Option 2

Field 2 (Rule 2)
      Option 1 or Option 2

Any fields here (i.e., 3-9) are not showing up until I trigger Field1/Rule1

Trigger: Field 10 (Rule 10)
      Linked rules and functions
      Rule1 Option1 AND Rule2 Option1

Any ideas why?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Ensure your rules have been set up to trigger both on load and on change of the fields.

Alexander

Maciek Grischke
      Participant

Alexander, they are set to both.

For now, I’ve added a rule to clear the first two options, so the user must click on them again to trigger the other fields.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It’s hard to tell what could cause it without looking at it, but in cases like this you should use the “Debug this rule” option and have a look at the output to see if it reports doing what you expect. If it does, but you don’t see it in the form, there is most likely another rule interfering and reversing the action.

Alexander

Maciek Grischke
      Participant

I think I figured it out. Other rules were taking over and I changed their “Validate on” trigger and it seems to be doing what I want.

I have 150 fields/elements and some 25 rules. It was not easy to get it sorted. Hopefully this is it.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.