Multiple email addresses include “\n”

Forums Cascading dropdowns Multiple email addresses include “\n”

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      MikeS
      Participant

Alexander,

I would like to use cascading dropdowns as a multi-value people picker as I can apply filters, which is not possible with SharePoint OOTB multi-value people picker. The emails are auto filled in the second multi-line text box so that they can used in the TO: field in a DFFS email. However, a “\n” is being inserted between each email address and as a result the DFFS email is not being sent to the multiple email addresses collected with the cascading dropdown.

Emails returned from cascading dropdown: john.doe@abc.com;\njane.doe@abc.com;\n

Can the “\n” characters be removed somehow, perhaps with a rule governing another field?

Thanks,
      Mike

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      You find information on how to change this delimiter here: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-plugins/spjs-cascading-dropdowns/#Change_multichoiceDelimiter

Just change it to “;” and you should be good to go.

Alexander

MikeS
      Participant

I am using DFFS 4.4.4.32. Since I do not see the “Change multichoice delimiter” in my Cascading dropdown options at the bottom of the screen was it added in a later version?

Mike

MikeS
      Participant

I updated to the latest DFFS 4.4.5.5 and I still do not see the “Change multichoice delimiter” option.

Mike

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You don’t have that option in the Cascading dropdown tab in the DFFS config, only when you call the function manually form Custom JS: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-plugins/spjs-cascading-dropdowns/#Invoke_the_function_manually

Alexander

MikeS
      Participant

Yes, I determined that and have configured my Custom JS. However, I’m unable to deactivate the Cascading dropdowns panel by deleting all entries as I get the message, “Error in “Cascading dropdowns” tab! The FieldInternalName “” is incorrect”

Is there a way to remove that?

Mike

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You should just hit the “delete” link in the bottom right corner of the Cascading dropdown config.

Alexander

MikeS
      Participant

Yep, my mistake. I’ve got the Custom JS configured and working great with the correct delimiter.

Thanks for your help,
      Mike

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.