Modern DFFS: Some users seeing ‘Trial Period’ message

Forums Modern DFFS Modern DFFS: Some users seeing ‘Trial Period’ message

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jorah Lavin
      Participant

Hi, Alexander

We have DFFS enabled on about a dozen sites so far in our division. On one site, two users are seeing the ‘This trial period has ended. Contact SPJSWorks to purchase a license or ask for an extended trial’ when they try to use the list. I confirmed that we had put our corporate license in, and even deleted it and re-added it (a different one of us did the initial plugging-in of the license the first time) and we had the users clear web cache with no change in behavior. This site was using version 1.0.27.0.

I’ve changed the v to 1.0.28.0 and have sent the user a request to try again. I’ll update this thread if anything changes.

-Jorah

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The license is validated by checking the license file that is stored in my Azure. If your users are behind a firewall you must check to see that the query to this address is not blocked: https://spjs.blob.core.windows.net/

You can try opening the console or network tab in the developer tools (F12 > Console / Network) and see if there are any errors there.

See a bit more information in the last page of the user manual.

Alexander

Jorah Lavin
      Participant

Thanks, Alexander. I got the user to share screen, and when they’re viewing any SP list with DFFS enabled, when they look in the Console, we can see the blocked query as you describe, but it’s not affecting me or others using DFFS. If the resource was blocked at the enterprise level, I’d expect that DFFS just wouldn’t work. Why would it be blocked for some users?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not sure – maybe you are behind different firewalls. You must check with your company IT.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.