Modern DFFS Formpage NewForm no active “Edit” for Multiple lines of text

Forums Modern DFFS Modern DFFS Formpage NewForm no active “Edit” for Multiple lines of text

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wayne Thompson
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

I noticed the web part you added which enables showing a new form on a SharePoint page. This is really useful! I have been playing around with it and it seems to be working correctly overall – just like the new form works when in a list.

I did notice one slight difference, though, in regard to the NewForm. When showing the new form on a SharePoint page using the Modern DFFS webpart, there is no permission to add or edit content in a Multiple lines of text column. When viewing an item’s new form in a Site Page via the new web part, the “Edit” pencil button is not active. Is this by design, or would it be possible to have the “Edit” pencil button available and active like it is when viewing a NewForm item directly in a list?

Thank you!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m not able to recreate this issue. Can you look at the developer tools (F12 > Console) when you load the form and click the edit button to see if you have any errors there?

Also, in your Miscellaneous tab – have you toggled “Use TinyMCE as a rich-text editor in the forms to support tables and more options for formatting” on or off?

Alexander

Wayne Thompson
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

I no longer have this issue, but I do have a request that would greatly benefit when users are utilizing their smartphone screen.

Would it be possible to have the “Edit” pencil button available and active on the left side of the content box (left justified) instead of on the right side in a Multiple lines of text column?

Thank you!

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Sure, I can move it to the left in the next version.

Alexander

Wayne Thompson
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

These changes are so appreciated. Thanks so much.

v1.0.39.0 – November 18, 2023
      Bugfixes

Fixed a bug introduced in v1.0.37.0 that causes a single choice people picker to lose its value if you edited the item and saved it without changing the value in the people picker.

Changes
      Moved the edit button for a rich text editor field from the right side to the left.

Wayne

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.