Misc Tab not listing Fields under Hidden fields section

Forums Classic DFFS Misc Tab not listing Fields under Hidden fields section

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Brian Oster
      Participant

I have two document libraries. I have enabled DFFS on both libraries. On one library on the Misc tab under the Hidden Fields section it lists all the fields on the library so I can pick which ones to hide. On the other library no fields are listed. If I go to the fields tab it shows all the fields so it appears DFFS can read the field list for the library. I have even tried a different browser/incognito mode thinking it was some type of caching thing.

Keith Hudson
      Participant

Brian, are you sure that both are LIBRARIES? I just looked at one of my sites, where I am using v4.4.5.14 of DFFS, and when I apply DFFS to a LIBRARY and look at the Hidden Fields section in the MISC tab in the DFFS configuration, no columns are showing.

When I apply DFFS to a CUSTOM LIST and look at the Hidden Fields section in the MISC tab in the DFFS configuration, all the list columns are showing.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I haven’t actually noticed that the hidden fields section doesn’t work in a library – I’ll look into that issue in the next release.

You can however just add a tab to your form and select the fields you want to have visible – the ones you don’t include in your tab will be hidden.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I think I figured it out – you must have a saved config for this form before the hidden fields section is populated – just hit save and reload and you should see it.

Alexander

Brian Oster
      Participant

That was it. Once I hit save on the config for each form type the field list appeared. Thanks.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.