mimic the same tabs on the newform and the displayform

Forums Classic DFFS mimic the same tabs on the newform and the displayform

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Melissa Hamilton
      Participant

Is there a quick and easy way to copy all of the tabs from the displayform and put them on the newform? I have a user with about 100 columns and over 20 tabs on the edit form. The newform used to match it until a week ago when they put in a change request to make it only have a very minimal amount of fields and tabs. *sigh*. So now they want it changed back tomorrow and I am hoping there is something to make this a little less painful.

Thanks in advance!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      There is no method of copying only the tabs without editing the config “blob” directly (export from Misc tab).

If you go this method you must export the config from both forms, and then copy the “tabs” part from the other form config. You can use this page to format the “blob” for better readability – http://www.cleancss.com/javascript-beautify/

Another method is to back up any Custom JS and CSS by copying it out in a text file. Also make a backup of the entire config in case you need to roll back.

When you have the backup, go into the DFFS backend and hit “delete” in the bottom right corner. Confirm, and then reenter the config to get a question about copying the config from an existing form.

You must now recreate custom js and other settings manually.

Hope this helps,
      Alexander

AdamP
      Participant

I always enable version history on my SPJS configuration lists – I’ve never needed to use it, but I think that would allow roll-back of specific configurations (just be careful of column additions/deletions)

Melissa Hamilton
        Participant

Thank you for the tips!

How do it turn on the version history on the SPJS lists? Just regular SharePoint version history or is there version history for the DFFS configurations?

AdamP
        Participant

They’re just standard SharePoint lists – enable versioning as usual through list settings > versioning. DFFS just stores it’s data there.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks Adam for following up on this topic.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.