Migrate to Sharepoint Online from OnPrem 2013

Forums Classic DFFS Migrate to Sharepoint Online from OnPrem 2013

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      DaveJay
      Participant

Hi,

We are migrating to Sharepoint Online, using Sharegate, and we have a couple of existing libraries using DFFS. I thought i would put the SPJS library on the same site as the libraries that will use it, but I have a feeling they won’t match up.

Is there a good way to do a migration like this without having to reacreate it all?

-Dave

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

When migrating with ShareGate you must also migrate the hidden list “SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint” – you must first make it visible by going to the Misc tab in one of your DFFS enabled forms in the old site. The same applies to the configuration for vLookups.

Please not that the hidden config lists must be migrated to the same site where your lists and libraries are migrated to.

When you now reinstall DFFS in the forms in the new site, it will automatically pick up the configuration for your forms.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Alexander

DaveJay
      Participant

Thanks for your prompt reply! Turns out both the lists were already visible, so that saved me some time.

How do i handle the license question, because i have a site-wide license, but It won’t let me test on the new one, since my license is still in use on the old site. Are there any trial keys or something?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sure, I send it to you in a separate email.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.