Long Delay When Clearing Multivalue Lookup Fields

Forums Classic DFFS Long Delay When Clearing Multivalue Lookup Fields

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Stephen Hensley
      Participant

A site I partially own recently migrated from SharePoint 2013 on-prem to SharePoint 2019 on-prem. All DFFS and custom JS continued to work perfectly post-migration. The only exception seems to be the following function when used on a multivalue lookup field:

setFieldValue(‘myMultivalueLookup’,”)

I have a multivalue lookup to a list with 4k+ records. While in 2013, using the above function would execute almost immediately. Now in the 2019 environment, it takes a large amount of time to execute: 30-50 seconds for my average user. I updated DFFS to the most recent version, but the issue persists. I also tried implementing a rule to clear the field instead of using custom JS, but the execution time was the same.

I also looked at a different means of clearing multivalue lookup fields from a different blog. Despite executing quickly, that blog’s solution doesn’t behave well as it tends to modify other lookup fields in addition to the target. https://derekgusoff.wordpress.com/2013/06/06/setting-multi-valued-lookups-in-forms-with-jquery/

Any ideas or suggestions to unravel this problem?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I haven’t seen this before so I tested with a multilookup field with 5000 items and it was quick to clear the field. Do you have any other custom js that could trigger on a change of this field and cause the problem?

Alexander

Stephen Hensley
      Participant

I do not have any custom JS that triggers on field change.

Playing around a little more, I discovered that even the standard way of removing values also induces lag (i.e. manually selecting values and clicking the “Remove” button). The delay from the manual process is still not as much as calling the setFieldValue function.

But perhaps this points to a deeper issue with the list? Starting to think this may not be a DFFS issue after all…

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You can try disabling DFFS (by uninstalling – the config will pop back when you reinstall) to test the out of the box form to see if the problem persists.

Alexander

Stephen Hensley
      Participant

Thank you for the suggestion. I disabled DFFS and also tried creating a list from scratch without installing DFFS. In both cases, there was still a lag when removing items from the field.

Root cause is definitely not DFFS. Thank you again for helping me troubleshoot.

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I don’t have any suggestions other than maybe reducing the number of items in the lookup list (if possible).

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.