list and item ID not being recognized

Forums General discussion list and item ID not being recognized

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      shyam06
      Participant

Hi,

I have a list “Travel Site” that has items with each item having an ID. I was running into some issues and on debugging, realized that my list nor my ID was being recognized but the responses either approved or rejected were being recorded correctly. I have tried everything from using the GUID since my list name has spaces in it to just the list name by itself and I still can’t seem to find what the issue is.

Anyone know what might be causing it?

Thank you.

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by shyam06.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m not 100% sure which solution you are referring to – is it this one? https://spjsblog.com/2015/05/18/approve-or-reject-list-items/

The GetUrlKeyValue function is used in a form and not a list view – and please note that running a debug window in a form in a dialog might not work (open it in the root page an not in a dialog).

Alexander

shyam06
        Participant

Hi Alexander,

Not exactly. I tried this solution and it when I clock approve or reject, it says zero items being processed, the status doesn’t update and I get an unsown publisher error.

That being said, do you have a solution where an email contains the approve or the reject links to a list item?

Thank you!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m sorry, but I don’t fully understand what you mean. I might be able to help if you could do a screen recording to show exactly what it is that is going on. You can use the free version of Screencast-O-Matic

You will not be able to upload this as an attachment here because of the size so you must send it to me by email, or store it “in the cloud” and link to it.

Alexander

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.