Linked values in autocomplete

Forums Autocomplete Linked values in autocomplete

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Amal Vellappillil
      Participant

Hi Alex,

Wondering if its possible to have autocomplete values linked to its display form or a modal window? I am trying to see if I can mimic the out of the box lookup field type functionality. I cant use that field type because the source list exists in a different subsite.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
      Amal Vellappillil

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This is unfortunately not possible unless you pull the values from the ID column in the “setFields” configuration of your autocomplete and use some custom js in your DispForm to construct a link using the display value and the id.

An easier solution in your case is to use a script I created back in 2012 to relink the lookup column – you find it here: https://spjsblog.com/2012/11/16/lookup-column-relinker-cross-site-for-sharepoint-2007-and-sharepoint-2010-using-javascript/

Let me know how it works out.

Alexander

Amal Vellappillil
      Participant

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply. I did try to use the setFields functionality of autocomplete configuration. However, it seemed like setFields is not allowed for autocomplete field that accepts multiple values. It does give an error saying not available. Are you aware of this?

Thank you,
      Amal Vellappillil

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Yes, this is by design because using “setFields” when using multichoice would most likely mess up the field you are trying to set when concatenating all the values from all the selected options and using that to set the field value.

Alexander

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.