jQuery not available in CustomJS

Forums Classic DFFS jQuery not available in CustomJS

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Andreas Blüher
      Participant

Hello Alexander,

after upgrading to 4.4.3.4 I’ve ran into another issue. When I try to use $ in my CustomJS code I’m getting an error message, which is the same when I put in a debugger and do it through console in my browser.

However, when I use “jQuery” instead of “$” it works just fine. Since it has been working before, this looks to me like a DFFS issue.

It would be really nice if you could confirm/deny this.

Kind regards
      Andreas

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

DFFS should reveal $ as a global variable along with jQuery and jQspjs. Which version of jQuery is loaded? – check it by typing this in the console or use console.log in your custom js:

jQuery.fn.jquery

Alexander

Andreas Blüher
      Participant

The loaded version is “1.12.4”

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It may be an issue with either the DFFS loader, or with require.js if you are on SharePoint online.

You should however use jQuery as SharePoint sometimes overwrites $.

I’ll make a little change to the DFFS loader to see if it might be there the problem originates.

Alexander

Andreas Blüher
      Participant

Hello Alexander,

I’m on SharePoint 2013 OnPremise and I was able to reproduce the issue on a second farm in a brand new Teamsite (englisch language).

If there’s anything I can help you with or more information I can provide, please let me know.

Andreas

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Could you try v4.4.3.5 to see if there is any difference? In the DFFS_loader, I use this snippet in the loader to ensure $ is defined, but some other code might override it afterwards.

jQspjs = jQuery.noConflict();
      // Ensure $ and jQuery are defined
      if(typeof $ !== "function"){
          $ = jQspjs;
      }
      if(typeof jQuery !== "function"){
          jQuery = jQspjs;
      }
      load_DFFS_files();

Alexander

Andreas Blüher
      Participant

Hello Alexander,

I have to report that the issue remains when using $, but using jQuery works fine. Not sure what I can do to provide more detailled information.

Andreas

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Not sure. If you open the dev console and type in

$

Do you get “undefined” or another function? (SP uses this namespace for some functions and may overwrite it).

Alexander

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.