Issue with IE11 and DFFS v4.365

Forums Classic DFFS Issue with IE11 and DFFS v4.365

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      DCH
      Participant

Alexander,

I loaded DFFS v4.365 today into my new SP2013 site, and I used the JSLink option (for the first time). It works perfect in Firefox, but not in IE11.

In IE I get the overlay, which times out, and I don’t see the setup button when I click to hide the overlay. I see this error in the console:

SCRIPT438: Object doesn’t support property or method ‘attachEvent’
      File: init.js, Line: 1, Column: 81008

When I change emulation in the developers tool to IE10 it works fine.

Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This error is not from DFFS. Does the form render without this error if you remove the DFFS_Loader field from your list?

Alexander

DCH
      Participant

Yes, the default form renders without the DFFS_Loader field. I added the field back into the list and now the overlay never quits spinning.

DCH
        Participant

Never mind the second part, the overlay did stop and I got the “This took forever” message.

DCH
      Participant

Just an update… I had changed the DOCTYPE declaration in my seattle master page to a simple HTML5 one, but when I changed it back to the default, it still failed in IE11 but worked in IE10 emulation, Chrome and Firefox.

DCH
      Participant

Ok, after several days of undisciplined trial and error, the following combination seems to work:

– SP 2013 seattle.master
      – IE11
      – HTML5 doctype: <!DOCTYPE html>
      – IE10 meta tag: <meta http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”IE=10″/>
      – This script in my master page: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18829292/object-doesnt-support-this-property-or-method-error-in-ie11

Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m sorry for not replying earlier. I’m glad you figured it out. I’ll see if I can figure out what could cause this, but I haven’t had any other report on this issue so I don’t currently know what it could be.

Alexander

DCH
      Participant

Oh, I should have mentioned this in my last reply. This has nothing to do with your scripts.

I didn’t know that at first because I encountered it while trying to setup DFFS, but its an IE11/SharePoint compatibility issue widely reported online. There is apparently no solution from Microsoft, but some work arounds have been posted by users.

Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I see, thank you for your feedback.

Alexander

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.