Issue found when using multi lines of text fields

Forums Modern DFFS Issue found when using multi lines of text fields

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Marcus Khoo
      Participant

If I have a multi-line field (plain/rich etc) then whilst I can create it using a DFFS form, the Edit and Display forms do not retrieve the data.
      May have crept in via your fixes to v1.0.10.0
      Best regards

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have already been made aware of this issue and will fix it in an update over the weekend. It was introduced in v1.0.4.0 so to if you need to fix it now you will have to downgrade to v1.0.3.0 in the meantime.

Alexander

Marcus Khoo
      Participant

Thanks for the update.

Marcus Khoo
      Participant

Functionaliyt of DFFS Modern is REALLY GREAT!!!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This is fixed in the new version 1.0.11.0 – let me know how it works out.

Alexander

E J
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

Was this the issue where the “Return to classic experience” link for Modern Rich Text Editors was missing from the DFFS field UI?

I noticed HTML tables being something where the display worked but trying to get the editor to render them didn’t work without falling back to the classic experience RTE field. Quite the workaround from MS on that.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I haven’t implemented the “return to classic experience” feature so tables are unfortunately not currently supported.

I’ll look into changing the rich text editor to add more features, but I cannot promise anything at the moment.

Alexander

E J
      Participant

No worries – I laughed when I read the documentation on MS’ site. “If you need these things the thing we forced you into doesn’t support, here’s a hack to go back to classic real quick!”. At the bottom of this page for anyone curious: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/edit-a-rich-text-list-column-6ba62e7e-ee63-4716-9f95-f626770c3fff

Quite the headache for anyone trying to build a stable long-term 3rd-party solution for that. The load order for Modern UI has made knowing when to expect a DOM element to exist pretty annoying. Plus any [un|poorly]-documented black-box Classic fall-back code that may not extend well.

Excited with the progress so far! The experience so far has been really great.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.