Inconsistent results from vLookup in child populated fields

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Inconsistent results from vLookup in child populated fields

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul Lynch
      Participant

On a couple of my forms, I’ve noticed that the child forms do not always “carry over” the parent fields. I can tell as I have the fields in the child item visible on creation. So sometimes I see them populate after a second of the new child form loading, but sometimes they do not at all.

At least one of the fields is a people picker field. The others are just single line of text fields.

I did notice this setting in the Misc tab:
      Defer loading of DFFS
      Delay the loading of DFFS if you have trouble with for example people pickers not being ready when your rules trigger

I tried adding a delay in for the above (but it did not fix the issue).

Is there any way I can troubleshoot or make this more stable?

See my versions below (note I am not on latest versions but will upgrade today)
      Form 1
      DFFS Loader: v2
      DFFS frontend: 4.4.5.0 – June 1, 2020
      DFFS frontend CSS: 4.60 /
      Autocomplete: 1.6.48 – May 10, 2020
      Cascading dropdowns: 3.7.40 – June 1, 2020
      jQuery: 1.12.4
      Lookup: 1.1.20 – March 10, 2020
      Resource management: 2.4.5 – August 29, 2019
      SPJS-Utility: 1.347 – June 1, 2020
      vLookup: 2.2.155 – June 1, 2020

Form 2
      DFFS Loader: v2
      DFFS frontend: 4.4.4.27 – March 21, 2020
      DFFS frontend CSS: 4.57 /
      Autocomplete: 1.6.47 – March 10, 2020
      Cascading dropdowns: 3.7.36 – March 21, 2020
      jQuery: 1.12.4
      Lookup: 1.1.20 – March 10, 2020
      Resource management: 2.4.5 – August 29, 2019
      SPJS-Utility: 1.345 – March 17, 2020
      vLookup: 2.2

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Are you creating the child items from NewForm, DispForm or EditForm of the parent list?

Can you show me a screenshot of the “Prefill values in child” setup in the vLookup config?

Alexander

Paul Lynch
      Participant

This is from EditForm

Here is an example of one attached

Thanks
      Paul

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Are you using any custom code to reload or redirect the child newform when you are opening it from the parent?

Alexander

Paul Lynch
      Participant

We create child items in the parent form using a standard vlookup “add new item button”.
      The child form “pops up” in a window.
      The child “newforms” are pretty basic forms with 4-5 fields, including at least one hidden people picker field which needs to be pre-populated.
      The child forms have no custom javascript (but do have some custom css).
      The child forms have no “save and redirect” settings in the Misc tab set.
      The child forms have a handful of basic rules (which run but do not actually do anything or apply when the child form is initially created)

I do wonder if something sometimes “times out” especially if when the issue occurs, the user has an older machine, where running the server side scripts on their browser take longer.

It has happened to me on both forms, and during testing. (say 5-10% of the time) the fields or at least the people picker field, does not populate.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It’s hard to tell without looking at it, but it might be related to the slow running PC / browser. Another possible scenario is that the user opens the child form and immediately hits save – this could explain how the people picker fails to set the value in the field because there is a delay of ~1.5 seconds when setting a people picker when the form opens.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.