Inconsistency with Check Out feature

Forums Classic DFFS Inconsistency with Check Out feature

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Amal Vellappillil
      Participant

Hi,

We have turned on “Require list items to be checked out before they can be edited” feature. We also dont use the keep checked out feature (so that field is blank”). Sometimes when users edit and click save or close, the record stays checked out. Sometimes it works without any issues. We are using the DFFS V4.4.4.15.

I have looked through the DFFS frontend js file and found that when the ChkOut feature is initialized, its supposed to hide the “Cancel” button on the top ribbon and bind the “Cancel” button with toggleCheckOut(“0”) function. However, when the edit form loads and I click OK to check out the record, the “Cancel” button on the top ribbon is still there. So i am concerned if the init function is not being called.

Can you please help me with this issue?

Thank you,
      Amal Vellappillil

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’ll try to get it looked at during the weekend and get back to you.

Alexander

Amal Vellappillil
      Participant

Sounds good and thank you for looking into it.

Amal Vellappillil
      Participant

Hi Alex,

Were you able to look into this?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Yes, I have fixed this and will release a new version, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to get it released this week. I’ll try, but it might be next week.

Alexander

Amal Vellappillil
      Participant

Awesome, thank you for working on it.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delay – I haven’t been able to catch up on all issues after may days off so I’m not sure I’ll manage to get this published before this upcoming weekend.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You can check out the new version here: https://spjsblog.com/2019/11/28/dffs-package-updated-to-v4-4-4-16/

Let me know if it works as expected.

Alexander

Amal Vellappillil
      Participant

Hi Alex,

It seems like the issue has been resolved with the latest release from my initial testings. I will keep an eye on it and see if it comes up again when more and more users start using this version.

Thank you for fixing this.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback!

Alexander

Amal Vellappillil
      Participant

Hi Alex,

I was able to get the issue resolved. Here are my findings.
      When i tried to display the “CheckedOut” field in a tab i was not getting any value for the label or for the actual value for this field. So this got me thinking and i went ahead and deleted the CheckedOut field from the list and then re-added a new column called CheckedOut to the list. From then on the problem seems to have resolved.

The initial “CheckedOut” field was created using the button in “MISC” tab in DFFS backend. I am not sure why this would have caused a problem.

Thank you for working on it and assisting with fixing the issue.

Amal Vellappillil

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you got it sorted out.

Alexander

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.