Hyperlink Functionality on AC and Lookup

Forums Autocomplete Hyperlink Functionality on AC and Lookup

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Wilson
      Participant

Hi Alexander,
      I replaced many of the native SP lookup fields with SPJS-AC and SPJS-Lookup controls for various reasons, However I would like to restore the “hyperlink” functionality that you lose on the list view.
      For example…
      1) “List A” has an SPJS-AC column to lookup CustomerName from CustomerAccount list
      2) I also set the CustomerAccountID (SPID Field from CustomerAccount list) using the “Set Fields” function of SPJS-AC (So i have the item id of the item I would to open)
      3) From “List A” list view, I would like to be able to Click on CustomerName and open a Modal popup Display form for that customer (SP.UI.ModalDialog.showModalDialog(options)), just as you would get if you use native SP Lookup column.

Any thoughts?
      Thanks,
      Wilson

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The best I can think of is that you write the URL to a Hyperlink field. You can do it like this in the Custom JS by specifying a parseFunction in your spjs.ac.textField function call:

spjs.ac.textField({
          "applyTo":"projectField",
          "helpText":"Start typing to search...",
          "setFields":[{
           "fromFIN":["ID","Title"],
           "joinBy":"",
           "toFIN":"MyHyperlinkField",
           "parseFunction":"writeHyperlink",
           "skipIfEmpty":false
          }]
      });

function writeHyperlink(a){
          return [_spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl + "/Lists/ProjectList/DispForm.aspx?ID=" + a[0], a[1]];
      }

Change the list name to match yours in the URL.

Unfortunately you cannot have it open in a new window / tab, and not in a dialog box either because the built in Hyperlink field doesn’t support that.

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.