How Display Add-on Lookup fields in Edit Form

Forums Classic DFFS How Display Add-on Lookup fields in Edit Form

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keith Hudson
      Participant

SharePoint allows me to select “Add-on” fields when I create a list column of type Lookup. In a view of my list, those “Add-on” fields display additional values from my lookup list. In DFFS, those columns can be added to the Display form, but do not appear in the “Add a Field” selector in the Edit form. We only want to read the value of those columns. We tried grabbing the internal name of one of those columns from the Fields config page in the Display tab configuration, and then displaying it in table row by inserting that internal name in braces, like this: {FIN} but it did not work. Is there a way we can display the value of those add-on lookup columns in the edit form?
      (Note to self: forward answers to Leslie M)

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The add-on fields are not available in NewForm or EditForm (not only in DFFS, also in the default forms). I created a solution in 2013 that you should be able to use, but you must get the code from the file “PullInformationFromConnectedList.js” and insert it directly in Custom JS to use is in DFFS. You find the solution here: https://spjsblog.com/2013/10/16/display-information-from-another-list-based-on-a-lookup-column-connection-updated-version/

I haven’t actually tried it in DFFS so please let me know if there are any problems.

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.