HM Function!!

Forums Classic DFFS HM Function!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi there

I was creating a rule to make fields read only if the current user was not the Hub Manager as noted in the item. The Hub Manager field was created with internal name “HM”. When creating a message popped up at one point saying that I couldn’t use “~HM” in the “And these rules or functions …” box as it was a function name. However, later I put “HM” in the same box, saved the form and now the edit form will not render at all. I removed the configuration file and created from new, but still not rendering. Any ideas how I can fix this and what the HM function has done?

As a suggestion, perhaps some other warning that an issue will occur if a fieldinternalname and a function share the same value.

Thanks

Gerry

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      If I remember correctly you cannot use the people picker field name like this in the “And these rules or functions = true / false” field. Where did you find the dialog?

In any case, you should not be able to wreck the form config because of this input.

Can you bring up the developer console (hit F12 > Console) and post any messages here?

If you have a rule with this “Friendly name” it is this rule and not the people picker fin that triggers.

PS: I tested adding a field name like you used in “And these rules or functions = true / false” and the only thing I got was a dialog telling I was trying to check the status of a rule that has not yet run.

Alexander

Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi there

I was using the trigger “Compare Logged in user with people picker field” with HM as the value. I’ve used this format before in another list, so I thought it would work again. When I go from Disp to Edit, it takes a few seconds, then displays the “This Took forever!” message. After clicking through, the form displays with no DFFS rendering and no configuration link at the bottom of the page. Hopefully I won’t have to recreate the list, but it isn’t a life list if I have to.

Console messages below.

Thanks

Gerry

DOM7011: The code on this page disabled back and forward caching. For more information, see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=291337
      File: DispForm.aspx
      HTML1300: Navigation occurred.
      File: EditForm.aspx
      HTML1201: strath.ac.uk is a website you’ve added to Compatibility View.
      DOM7011: The code on this page disabled back and forward caching. For more information, see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=291337
      HTML1300: Navigation occurred.
      File: listform.aspx
      HTML1201: strath.ac.uk is a website you’ve added to Compatibility View.
      File: listform.aspx
      SEC7115: :visited and :link styles can only differ by color. Some styles were not applied to :visited.
      SCRIPT16389: This name may not contain the ‘,’ character:

ows_LM–>,<–HubM

File: jquery.js, Line: 4, Column: 22188

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It looks like you may have an error in a name somewhere – do you have a field named “LM,HubM” somwhere in the config?

If you cannot access the DFFS config using the button, you can either go to NewForm and use the button in the top to switch to DispForm (requires a relatively new DFFS version) or you can go to the list “/Lists/SPJSDynamicFormsForSharePoint” and find the config for your form and fix the error there or delete it to let you configure it again.

If you could attach the config here I might be able to fix it for you – and possibly add some code to prevent it from hitting a brick wall like this.

Alexander

Gerard Graham
      Participant

Blob attached. There is a LM field and a HubM field. I had tried to fix the problem by deleting the config, deleting the HM field and recreating it as HubM.

G

{“defer”:0,”userID”:36,”pass”:””,”created”:1461077766170,”lastMod”:1472828010868,”dffs_version”:4.365,”spjs-utility_version”:”1.260″,”licensed”:”Gerard Graham”,”noReverseRules”:false,”data”:{“triggerMap”:{“DF_CurrentUserInPicker”:[0]},”ruleArr”:[{“friendlyName”:””,”note”:””,”ruleDisabled”:false,”ruleDisabledIn”:{“n”:false,”d”:false,”e”:false},”ruleDebug”:false,”triggerField”:”DF_CurrentUserInPicker”,”operator”:”Neq”,”triggerValue”:”LM,HubM”,”validateOn”:”b”,”siblingRules”:””,”noReverse”:false,”stopAndExit”:false,”jumpToRule”:””,”mandatoryFields”:[],”optionalFields”:[],”hiddenFields”:[],”visibleFields”:[],”readonlyFields”:[“ApproverComments”,”HMApproved”,”LMApproved”],”editableFields”:[],”hideSaveItemBtn”:””,”hideEditItemBtn”:false,”setFieldValueArr”:[],”displayMsg”:{“fin”:”DF_CurrentUserInPicker”,”val”:””},”alertMsg”:””,”oldStyleAlert”:false,”selectedTab”:””,”visibleTabs”:””,”hiddenTabs”:””,”runThisFunction”:””,”sendThisEmail”:””,”hiddenHeadings”:””,”visibleHeadings”:””}]},”bypassFor”:””,”showSetupBtnFor”:””,”bypassPrompt”:””,”initialHiddenFields”:””,”multichoiceVertical”:{“Role”:””},”multiLookupVertical”:false,”fixQuirkyLookup”:false,”tabPrevNextButtons”:false,”tabPrevNextButtonsLabelP”:””,”tabPrevNextButtonsLabelN”:””,”formColor”:{“label”:””,”body”:””},”customCSS”:””,”customJS”:””,”miscNote”:””,”showFieldDescriptionWhenReadonly”:false,”showEmptyRequiredBanner”:false,”showEmptyRequiredBannerLabel”:””,”editFormInDlg”:false,”dlgFixedTop”:true,”dlgFixedHeight”:””,”dlgFixedWidth”:””,”editFormSource”:true,”accordion”:{“on”:false,”firstopen”:false,”img”:{“c”:””,”e”:””},”slideTime”:150,”headingstyle”:””,”skip”:[“”]},”sbs”:{“span”:false,”customLabel”:{}},”tabs”:{“selected”:””,”arr”:[{“uniqueID”:”Attendee”,”noteToSelf”:””,”name”:”Attendee”,”title”:”Attendee”,”color”:””,”tabIsHidden”:false,”editBtnHiddenInTab”:false,”saveBtnHiddenInTab”:false,”tabVisibleForGroupIdArr”:[],”id”:0,”clickFunctionName”:””,”fields”:[“Attendee”,{“id”:”10″,”html”:”Your request will be submitted to your line manager for approval. Please do not make any financial commitments until you have been granted approval.”},”Role”,”AbstractSubmitted”,”EventFee”,”TravelCosts”,”AccomodationCosts”,”OtherCosts”,”ReasonForAttendance”,”Note”]},{“uniqueID”:”Attendee_1″,”noteToSelf”:””,”name”:”Attendee”,”title”:”Attendee”,”color”:””,”tabIsHidden”:false,”editBtnHiddenInTab”:false,”saveBtnHiddenInTab”:false,”tabVisibleForGroupIdArr”:[],”id”:1,”clickFunctionName”:””,”fields”:[“Attendee”,”Role”,”AbstractSubmitted”,”EventFee”,”TravelCosts”,”AccomodationCosts”,”OtherCosts”,”ReasonForAttendance”,”Note”,”LM”,”LMApproved”,”HubM”,”HMApproved”,”ApproverComments”]}],”bannerField”:””,”sCookie”:false,”sTabFromDispToEdit”:false,”breakAt”:””,”showOrphans”:true,”showOrphansFor”:”37″},”wfEmail”:false,”tooltip”:{“AbstractSubmitted”:”Tick if you have already submitted an abstract. You can use the note field to provide further information such as the title, if accepted etc.”,”AccomodationCosts”:””,”Approved_x0020_by”:””,”ApproverComments”:””,”Attachments”:””,”Attendee”:””,”ContentTypeChoice”:””,”EmailAtt”:””,”Event”:””,”EventFee”:””,”HMApproved”:””,”HubM”:””,”ID”:””,”LM”:””,”LMApproved”:””,”Note”:””,”OnAttend”:””,”OnNewAtt”:””,”OtherCosts”:””,”ReasonForAttendance”:””,”Role”:””,”Title”:””,”TravelCosts”:””},”tooltipHoverImgSrc”:””,”tooltipContainerBgColor”:””,”fieldCSS”:{“AbstractSubmitted”:””,”AccomodationCosts”:””,”Approved_x0020_by”:””,”ApproverComments”:””,”Attachments”:””,”Attendee”:””,”ContentTypeChoice”:””,”EmailAtt”:””,”Event”:””,”EventFee”:””,”HMApproved”:””,”HubM”:””,”ID”:””,”LM”:””,”LMApproved”:””,”Note”:””,”OnAttend”:””,”OnNewAtt”:””,”OtherCosts”:””,”ReasonForAttendance”:””,”Role”:””,”Title”:””,”TravelCosts”:””},”cascadingDropdowns”:[],”email”:{“templates”:{}}}

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I see from the code that you have used

LM,HubM

as trigger value. The correct value should be

LM|HubM

You can hand edit the “blob” in the config list to remove the comma.

Which version of SP are you using? – in my setup on O365 the only “error” I get by replicating your configuration is that it cannot find the field with the name “LM,HubM”.

This might work differently on another version though.

PS: You might want to update to the latest version, but I’m not sure this will prevent the error if you accidently types in the two field with comma.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.