Hide fields based on condition in DispForm

Forums Requests Hide fields based on condition in DispForm

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Haichih Hwa
      Participant

I set up rules in Newform and Editform to show and hide fields trigger by the “Category” dropdown value. I want to have the same rules applied when the item is in DispForm. How do I set the rules so they are all triggered when form load so the proper fields are hidden? Thank you!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not sure I understand you correctly, but you should be able to use the same syntax on your rules in DispForm. Please add some screenshots if you are not able to get it set up correctly.

Alexander

Haichih Hwa
      Participant

I have rules set up for the NewForm to hide certain fields based on the “Category” field value (See images). I want to have the same rules applied when the user open an item and show only the fields based on the Category field value. How do I trigger the correct rule?

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The rules are triggered based on the value in the fields you set up the triggers to trigger on – have you tried to just copy the rule to DispForm? (obviously the required fields settings won’t apply).

In general, using the “Debug this rule” checkbox on the rule header row helps you see whats going on.

Alexander

Haichih Hwa
      Participant

Alex,

Please see attached for the rules I set up for the DispForm and the result I am seeing. Hope you can point me what I did wrong. Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The attachment was to large – you can email it to me instead.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.