HELP! Accidentally used wrong backup to restore. No other backup exists

Forums General discussion HELP! Accidentally used wrong backup to restore. No other backup exists

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Marco Candelaria
      Participant

Hello,

I accidentally used the wrong backup (Dispform settings) to restore a Newform. These are two very different settings, and I realize I don’t have a backup of the newform restore I need.. Is there a way to restore a newform version without having a backup?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You might be able to restore the previous version (if you have not saved your config after you restored it).

Go to the Misc tab and click the “DFFS Configuration list” button under the heading “Toggle visibility of the configuration lists in all site contents”. Now you can go to site content and find the config list – it is Titled “SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint”. Identify the correct config by looking at the Title column.

The previous version of the config is stored in the “lastGoodConfig” field. Copy this over to the “blob” field, save and retry your form.

You can turn on version control on the config list to help in a similar situation next time.

Alexander

Marco Candelaria
      Participant

Thank you! I did save it after I restored it.. Is there any other way?

Also, how would I turn on version control?

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

I’m afraid there are no other way to restore it – unless you used the dev-mode option (by clicking the green banner in the top of the config) to create a dev-mode version of the config.

To activate version control on the list (standard SharePoint functionality) you must enter list settings > version settings > Create a version each time you edit an item in this list? > yes

Alexander

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.