getFieldValue on newForm

Forums General discussion getFieldValue on newForm

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Halim Lahoud
      Participant

Hello,

I added a function to open a new URL after i hit the save button but when i do press the button, the new tab is opened even if all the fields arent filled, knowing that they are required fields. How can i check if the fields are filled before the process of saving and opening the new tab i need?

Thank you in advance!
      Halim Lahoud

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Look at the Save and redirect settings in the Misc tab – basically you should use something like this:

spjs.dffs.redirect("TheRedirectURL",false);

Alexander

Filipe Ribeiro
      Participant

@Alexander Bautz

It’s possible to on Save and Redirect (to DispForm) and specify the destination TAB. I have 3, and one of them will act has a validation of a list of users that the message was sent.

Yet when you access to that registry (directly to DispForm, form AllItems) I want to open in the first has normaly do, in first TAB.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Yes, you can set the selected tab by using an URL query string parameter like this:

.../YourSite/Lists/YourList/DispForm.aspx?ID=123&sTab=2

The tab index starts on 0 so your third tab has index 2.

Alexander

Majedix
      Participant

thank you Alex for your reply and continued support. I’m end user and doesn’t have SP designer , How i can implement the same ideas with script editor but it shows a popup message that said ” We appreciate your submission and we hope that you enjoy your journey on the new Acknowledgment” and then redirect as usual to the list item.

Thank you very much.

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

I don’t understand what you mean – is this question posted in the correct thread?

Alexander

Majedix
        Participant

Hi Alex,

I mean when click on Save it shows thank you message and in seconds disappear.

Regards.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It is unfortunately not possible to add a “post save message” directly in DFFS because the form is immediately redirected after a successful save (standard SP functionality).

The easiest would be to make a web part page in your site (for example in SitePages) where you add the message in HTML, and then use the URL to this page in the spjs.dffs.redirect function.

In the web part page you can either add a timeout function to redirect back to the homepage, or add an OK button to do the redirect.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.