Format

Forums Classic DFFS Format

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Todd Ingersoll
      Participant

I’m displaying a read only view of a SPFieldNumber field. Is there a way to format with a comma thousands separator and no decimals?

So what I’m looking for is: “2,800” and not “2800.00000000000” (like in my screenshot below). I’ve looked all over the forum and user guide but can’t seem to find how to format a number on a form.

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Which version of DFFS are you using? I believe I have fixed this issue earlier, but cannot find it in the change log – I might have forgot to add it.

Alexander

Todd Ingersoll
      Participant

I’m using: Dynamic Forms for SharePoint DFFS Backend v4.4.2.9|CSS version: 4.21 / |spjs-utility version: 1.279

Artaker
      Participant

Hi,

I have a similar issue with a currency field. I guess it’s not taking working with the region settings of the site/SharePoint?

Thanks

Best regards,
      Nicole

Todd Ingersoll
      Participant

So it appears to display a number correctly when an entry exists for the column on form load. But when entering data in the edit or new form, and using a cascading dropdown for instance, it does not display correctly until the data is saved to the list.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      How is it you pull the data into this field? – is it a regular number field that you set to readonly after typing into it? – how are you using it with the cascading dropdown functionality?

Alexander

Todd Ingersoll
        Participant

1. I am successfully pulling in TargetP1 from a source list using the Cascading dropdown functionality. In the source list I am using a calculated column to convert a number I need to into text (because you don’t allow numbers to be used in the Cascading dropdown functionality). 2. Then I am attempting to convert the text to a number using a rule. This is where I can’t seem to find a way to display it with a thousands separator and no decimals in the New or Edit form. It displays properly in the view form (see the screenshot in my first post).

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I don’t have a built in function in DFFS, but I have one in the vLookup script you can use like this:

spjs.vLookup.formatNumber("10000000",{"decimals":2,"decimalSeparator":".","thousandsSeparator":" "});

This can be used by adding a function in the custom js like this:

function convertStringToNumber(){
          var val = getFieldValue("TargetP1"), fVal = "";
          fVal = spjs.vLookup.formatNumber(val,{"decimals":2,"decimalSeparator":".","thousandsSeparator":" "});
          setFieldVal("Target",fVal);
      }

Remove the “Set field value” section from the rule, and call the custom function instead.

Let me know how this works out.

Alexander

Todd Ingersoll
        Participant

Thanks Alexander.
        Is setFieldVal coming from somewhere else? I’m getting this error:

error

Attachments:
        Todd Ingersoll
        Participant

I got the error to go away as I noticed you referred to that function as setFieldValue (with a “ue”) in another post here. I cannot get it to display or set that field, however.

Todd Ingersoll
      Participant

This is now working. Here’s what I have for Custom JS and I call when the Cascading Dropdown is chosen:

}
      function convertStringToNumber(){
          var val = getFieldValue("TargetP1"), fVal = "";
          fVal = spjs.vLookup.formatNumber(val,{"decimals":0,"decimalSeparator":".","thousandsSeparator":","});
          setFieldValue("TargetNumP1",fVal);
      }
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delay – I must have missed your reply.

I’m glad you figured it out – and yes, it should have been “setFieldValue” and not “setFieldVal”.

This function is part of spjs-utility.js.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.