› Forums › General discussion › Form & Print Format
- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 2 months ago by Alexander Bautz.
January 7, 2019 at 16:25 #23360Bryan ConnellyParticipant
Sorry but i’m one of those non-developer types that probably annoy the hell out of you with silly questions. I absolutely love DFFS and with the help of your forum I have managed to do almost everything I need but could use a little help.
I created the attached form which works really well but i’m having one or two difficulties with formatting. As you can see there is a lot of white space between the header sections at the top, any ideas? I’d also like to hide the zero values in the table if possible.
One last thing. When I print this form (to printer or file) the font doubles in size and it looks awful, do I have to set the print fonts separately? I have trawled the forums but no joy, if you could even point me at a good site i’m happy to do the study and learn it, I just don’t know where to look.
- This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Bryan Connelly.
January 7, 2019 at 19:25 #23373Alexander BautzKeymaster
I would have to see the HTML code to know what’s causing the whitespace. You can right click the whitespace and select “Inspect” to bring up the developer tools. Use it to look at the HTML code and see if you can identify what the whitespace is.
I’m not sure how you have created the table so I cannot tell how to hide the 0-values, but if you could show me the code I can see if I can write the line of code needed to hide the empty rows.
I’m working on a rewrite of the print functionality and posted a snippet in this post – try copying this snippet into your DispFrom Custom JS to see if it helps on the font size.
January 9, 2019 at 17:32 #23415Bryan ConnellyParticipant
Many thanks for the speedy reply, I promise not to make a habit of asking questions.
1. Right clicking on the white space has shown me where the problem lies, I think I may have that sorted (header inserting three <br>).
2. The HTML for the table is attached, no laughing please, I know it’s rather basic 🙂
3. Your print snippet seemed to work a treat with some minor mods to font settings.
Well impressed with DFFS and your help.
January 9, 2019 at 19:44 #23423Alexander BautzKeymaster
No problem – unfortunately the file you added was rejected for some reason. Can you try zipping it and attaching it again?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.