Folder Naming

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Folder Naming

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I got a List with a vLookup on documents and Folders. Therefore I got now the problem not being able to have folders with the same name for multiple items.

Each items represents a employee and there are 6 tabs with a reference (lookup) on documents. we want to have the same naming on the folders for all our employees without the need to add a stupid shortcode or anything similar.

is there a way to have folders (which obviously have the same name) for multiple items?

I hope this explanation is clear enough 🙂

thanks.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for late reply. Unfortunately you cannot have multiple folders with the same name. The only solution I can see is that you have two levels of folders – either with the employee name as level one folder, or maybe a better approach is to use the list item ID as base folder name.

Alexander

Hi Alexander,

when i add a document i found out how to put them automaticallyin a seperate folder but how can i do this when i add a folder? the folder is still added to the root of the library?

thanks.

this matter is quite urgent. I appreciate any help.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Are you using vLookup to add a folder? – if so, you must specify the folder name like this in the “add new folder textbox”: “root_folder/level_1_folder”.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.