Filter field by Lookup

Forums Cascading dropdowns Filter field by Lookup

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve
      Participant

Hi Alex,
      I’ve been trying to solve this problem out for several hours and I think I’m missing something tiny.
      1. I have got one cascading dropdown from which I can select about 10 values
      2. When I choose one value, I need to init another cascading dropdown on the second data field to chose from filtered by the value above in the column.

For example:
      1. I choose “Bread”
      2. In the second data field, these values is shown “Butter bread, sunflower bread, etc..”

I also have a list that has these values, list items connected via vLookup Column.
      See in the attachment below.

Could you also explain me, which properties dows vLookupColumn have?
      I mean “FieldInternalName/Property”? I have not found any kind of list of properties that I can use on vLookup column.

Thank you Alex so much,
      Steo

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I think you might have misunderstood how this works. You just add the two fields in your lookup list in the “Comma separated list of fields in the lookup list” field and the two fields in the current list in the “Comma separated list of fields in the current list” field and the cascading from one field to the other is automatically applied.

Let me know if I have misunderstood what you are trying to do.

Alexander

Steve
      Participant

Hi,
      yes, you were right. As I said, I was trying to do something else all the time than to use the basic functionality of cascading dropdown. For the explanation, I send some pictures, how I figured it out. Thank you so much.

I have also understood the description when the vLookup column is type of vLookup.
      FieldInternalName/Property – I got it!

Steve

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out!

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.