External Content (SQL) & Cascading Dropdowns

Forums Classic DFFS External Content (SQL) & Cascading Dropdowns

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Teresa Harden
      Participant

I am new to DFFS (savvy Infopath/SP user); but I am trying to create a cascading dropdown with data from 1 list, which is using external data, connected to SQL (the data is being refreshed/updated, hence the BCS connection). Using the Cascading Dropdowns tab, I can create 1 drop down successfully. When I add the 2nd field, I get the error message “field name is incorrect” (internal name was correct). I’ve trouble shot by, making my 2nd (failed) drop down, as the first/only (works). I swap the order of the fields (fails – then the first “field name” fails with same message). I tried creating it manually using the installation guid instructions and using Custom JS (fails). My SP is 2013, and I”m on FFS v4.x Thank you for any insight!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Do you mean that it works only with one field in your cascading dropdown config, or that the first “set” of cascading dropdowns (more than one dropdown / field) work and the second “set” fails?

If you can show me some screenshots of the list,the cascading dropdown config and the error message I’ll see if I can figure it out.

Alexander

Teresa Harden
      Participant

I went back to get the screen shots, and entered my 2 fields again, and it actually SAVED. I referenced back to my notepad of the fields I used last night (didn’t work) vs now (worked) was that for it to work, it had no spaces in both the Comma separated fields. Thank you!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out!

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.