Error making HttpClient Request

Forums Modern DFFS Error making HttpClient Request

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Kristy Doyle
      Participant

Using modern DFFS. New form opens wonderfully, but when I try to open the display or edit form I get “An error occurred” with “Error: Error making HttpClient request in queryable [404]::>. Any ideas – nothing different from the new to display and edit forms.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Not sure what this could be without some more details.

Which version of Modern DFFS are you using?

Are there more details in the error message? – what file name is referred to in the 404 message?

Alexander

Kristy Doyle
      Participant

I’m using version 1.0.22.0. No file referred to in the 404 error. Attached a screenshot.

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks, can you bring up the developer tools by hitting F12 and then select the Console tab. Now try to open the form and send me a snapshot of any errors in red that occurs in the console.

Please remember to redact any sensitive information before posting the image.

You can also email me the screenshots (see email address in the About me tab.

Alexander

Jeverly
      Participant

I am having this same issue. I get the same 404 error when opening the edit form.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can you check List settings > Form settings and ensure that you have the “Use default SharePoint form” option selected?

Alexander

Jeverly
      Participant

Yes, the list is set to use the default SharePoint form.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not sure what is causing this issue. Can you email me some more screenshots (redact any sensitive information).

Does your list view redirect to a new page, or is nothing happening and you get the console error?

I need to see the full URL of the error message (not the domain – you can redact it like you have done) – click the URL to open the “Network” tab and click again on the line (in red in the list) and show me the content of the “Header” (the full Request URL).

Alexander

Jeverly
      Participant

Is this what you need to see?

Jeverly
      Participant

2nd screenshot

Jeverly
      Participant
      Jeverly
      Participant
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks,
      The URL looks OK so I’m still not sure what could cause it.

Are you using the functionality where the form should open as a side-panel in a list view, or are you using the web-part-page-webpart to create a form that you can link to?

If you have any more information you can email it to me – you can find my email address in the About me tab in the top of the page.

Alexander

Jeverly
      Participant

I just emailed you more information. πŸ™‚

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have figured out what caused the 404-issue and will be publishing a new version that fixes it later this week / weekend.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.