Error HRESULT: 0x80131904

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Error HRESULT: 0x80131904

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Michal Riha
      Participant

Hi Alexander,
      I have strange error HRESULT: 0x80131904 displayed at form – see attached document.
      Everything works perfect if user is site collection admin. If not, this error appears.
      User has Full controll to site, has FC to both lists (mother and child), has FC at document library with DFFS javascripts, has FC at DFFS and vLookup configuration lists.
      🙁
      Thanks for any idea.

Michal

Using DFFS Backend v4.260, [frontend] v4.272, CSS version: 4.02 / |spjs-utility version: 1.206, vLookup for SharePoint [backend] v2.117, frontend] v2.119

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can I see the config screen for the vLookup column in DFFS backend?

Alexander

Michal Riha
      Participant

Here it is.
      Thanks
      Michal

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can you test to pull back only the “Title” field in the “ViewFields” from the vLookup “child”?

Alexander

Michal Riha
      Participant

Behaves same.
      I try to remove options from vLookup configuration, try to pull back “ID” field in the ViewFields, but the same.
      When user is SC admin – all works fine.
      🙁

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It’s hard to tell without looking at it, but this child list: does it have for example a lot of lookup or people picker columns?

Can you try setting up a new custom list with only the title field and test pointing the vLookup to this list?

Same issue there?

Alexander

Michal Riha
      Participant

Solved. I suppose it is connected with permissions. Administrator has no issue, user with Read to site and DFFS + vlookup config has problem when vlookup is configured with list GUID.
      When configured with url:xy – it works with no issue.

Thanks for your time

Michal

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback – I’m glad you figured it out.

Alexander

Michal Riha
      Participant

I found another cause of this error – list item level permissions with combination of unique permissions – see http://www.sharepointsapiens.com/blog/error-exception-from-hresult-0x80131904/

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the info – this can help others with similar error messages.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.