Empy space in my Column chart

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint Empy space in my Column chart

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Phil Grant
      Participant

Hi,
      I have created a column chart that is working fine but I have an area on the right that’s just empty space, any ideas how I can get rid of this?

I’ve tried the option Bar “groupWidth”: “100%”

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

What other options do you have set in the “Options” tab?

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

Hi,
      Here are my options settings

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I tested it on a chart here, and cannot reproduce this behavior so I’m actually not sure.

What about removing the “width” option completely to let the chart adapt to the actual chart size?

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

Yes, I tried that but it makes no difference, I’ve noticed it in all my charts.

Could it be something to do with using the substitution and combining some columns together, is it making the width wide enough for all the possible columns?

I’ll try removing the substitute code tomorrow to see if it makes any difference.

Phil

Phil Grant
      Participant

I’ve come across something that could be linked to the issue above.

When I base a chart on a pre-filtered view from a list, to remove some data that I know has no values, the graph shows all the data on the axis instead only the pre-filtered.

Effectively changing the “Select View” between “All Items” and the pre-filtered view makes no difference.

In the options I’ve also ticked “remove items with no value in the first column”

I can’t really post any images of the graph but if you need something I can sort something out.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If you use the “Use custom CAML” option in the “Filter and Custom CAML” tab this will override the selected view – could this be the issue?

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.