Dropdown Updating Number/Count in another field/list

Forums Requests Dropdown Updating Number/Count in another field/list

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Theodore Hansen
      Participant

I am using DFFS and I have 2 lists:

1.) An Inventory that has counts for items (number of items assigned, number of items unassigned and total items)
      2.) A Log that allows users to enter assignment of items under dual control (user can assign, return, add or delete items in the log using a ‘designation’ field with dropdown options for assign, return, add or delete.

I am trying to get a dropdown in list #2 to update the inventory counts in list #1. Selecting “assign” from the dropdown would increase the number of items assigned and decrease the number of items unassigned in the inventory. Selecting “Return” would decrease the number of assigned and increase the number of unassigned. I have used vLookup to create relationships between the two lists but I’m not struggling to get the dropdowns to drive the calculations above in the inventory.

As is probably obvious from the question above, I’m a new user so apologies for the vague question. Any help on how I can get the dropdown in the log list to drive the counts in the inventory list would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m not sure I understand – does the inventory list hold only ONE list item with three number fields for assigned, unassigned and total, or does each log have a corresponding item in the inventory list?

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I got your email with more details and have created a solution example here: https://spjsblog.com/2021/01/05/keep-track-of-assigned-and-unassigned-keys-for-office-locations/

Alexander

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.