Display Appended MultiLine Field History in Email Body

Forums Classic DFFS Display Appended MultiLine Field History in Email Body

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Notrega
      Participant

Is this possible or is there a better approach to accomplish this?

I have a appending multiline field which I am using as a short ‘discussion’ method within a regular list record. I can show the history in the displayform but I would like to show it in the body of an email, all I get is the last entry in the field.

Is it possible to tweak the multiline trigger code below, from this thread, to write the latest entry AND the history to a regular text field?

var initialRteVal = getFieldValue("IncidentDiscussion").replace(/<[^>]*>/g,"");
      jQuery("#dffs_IncidentDiscussion div.ms-rtestate-write").on("blur",function(){
          var currVal = getFieldValue("IncidentDiscussion").replace(/<[^>]*>/g,"");
          if(currVal !== initialRteVal){
              spjs.dffs.triggerRule(["MultiLineTrigger"]);
          }
      });
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply. I guess you could set up your form with two text fields. One visible to the user to type into, and one where you append the comment when the form is saved. Use the “Set field value” section in the rules to append text like described here: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-user-manual/#Append_and_prepend_to_a_textfield

This “full text” textfield can be set as readonly in the form to show the full discussion, and can be used in the emails.

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.