Direct link to forms?

Forums Modern DFFS Direct link to forms?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe Penland
      Participant

Hello,

In classic DFFS I was able to link directly to the forms using the NewForm.aspx and DispForm.aspx pages. I have been using those links to pull up the forms for items in a side panel in a custom web part. I tried linking to those pages for a list using modern DFFS, but the forms are the default modern SP forms. I understand the reason for this, but I was wondering if there is any way to link directly to the DFFS forms. I know I can link to the form by adding

?DFFSID=1&DFFSForm=disp

to the end of the URL for the list (specifying the item by its ID), but this has unexpected behavior when opening in a side panel. I end up with the toolbar of the list peeking over the panel for the form (so I have a panel with a panel inside of it, but it does not hide the toolbar of the list in the background).

In addition, when the DispForm.aspx is loaded directly, I can tie in to the cancel or save events and close the panel. This does not work with what I have found so far for the modern DFFS forms. I realize this is not necessarily a common case, but was just wondering if there was a way to open the form for an item directly without loading the list first.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Currently you cannot load the Modern DFFS outside of the default list. I might look into adding support for that in the future, but there is unfortunately no support for that at the moment.

Alexander

Joe Penland
      Participant

Thanks for the quick response! I was expecting this answer, but thought I should ask just to confirm before giving up hope. I appreciate it!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.